Wolseley Family Place is a not-for-profit multi-service family resource centre providing support, enhancing education, and fostering community. We work together to strengthen children and families on the challenging journey of living and growing. The Bookkeeper is responsible for the financial management of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day and routine bookkeeping, including (but not limited to) accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash flow management.
- Administration of the organization’s payroll, including bi-weekly payroll submission, benefits enrollment and time sheet verification.
- Filing the organization’s annual GST return.
- Preparing financial analyses and generating and interpreting financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
- Support the annual external financial statement audit, and other external reviews as required.
- Preparation of the annual operating budget, and monthly budget-to-actual analysis.
- Preparation of financial reports for funding organizations.
- Perform related assignments and special projects as required, including some administrative duties.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- QuickBooks experience highly recommended.
- Experience in a bookkeeping or accounting role.
- Experience working in the non-profit space is considered an asset.
- Accounting certificate or similar post-secondary program of accounting study.
- Familiarity with Canadian GAAP, particularly Accounting Standards for Non-Profit Organizations.
- Experience with financial reporting to government and private sector funders an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to develop and maintain respectful and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Administrative skills including writing, computer use (Microsoft Office, email), data and file management.
- Adaptable to changing responsibilities and new projects.
- Ability to research and find relevant, accurate information and resources.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
Job Requirements and Compensation:
- Expected to be effective working independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Hourly wage in the range of $15.00 to $20.00 per hour, dependent on qualifications.
- Group benefits package is available.
- 16 hours per week, within regular business hours. Schedule to be determined and can be flexible to accommodate other commitments.
Wolseley Family Place strives to employ a staff team that is inclusive and reflective of the population that we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous and newcomer applicants.
To apply: Please send resumes and covering letters by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: September 3, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.