Child Care Assistant
Start date: September 4, 2018
Hours: 18.5 – 22.5 hours a week with a possibility for additional hours
Benefits: Group disability, life benefits, dental package available, pension
Vacation: 3 weeks after 1 year
Job description: We are looking for a Child Care Assistant for a multi-cultural, multi-aged centre within a community setting. The Playroom is part of Wolseley Family Place, a family resource centre in the West Broadway area. We provide a stimulating and fun environment to encourage/enhance development in children while their parents are participating in other programming.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit plan.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Clear Child Abuse and Criminal Record Check
- 40 hour CCA course (or within first year of employment)
- Ability to follow policies and procedure
- An interest in children’s learning
- Must be professional, positive, and caring
- Provide infant and pre-school aged children with a fun and learning environment
- Contribute to a culturally rich environment
- Support the families of the children
Application deadline: July 27. 2018
Contact information: email@example.com
Wolseley Family Place Health Education Coordinator
Wolseley Family Place is a multi-service family resource centre providing support, enhancing education, and fostering community. We work together to strengthen children and families on the challenging journey of living and growing. The goal of the Health Education Coordinator is to enhance the health and wellbeing of children, parents, families, and the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use an interdisciplinary team approach and relevant resources to assess health needs and determine the appropriate focus for health education services
- Support individual participants with their health-related issues through referrals, advocacy, and coaching
- Develop, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate health education and promotion activities such as presentations, interactive workshops and teaching moments, in accordance with funding requirements
- Prepare and distribute materials on relevant public health issues
- Collaborate, develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with partner organizations in public health, under direction of the Executive Director
- Liaise with community partners to deliver joint health education programming and health services
- Stay current on research and trends related to the health of children and families and to issues relevant to WFP participants
- Communicate health information suited to participants’ needs in an accurate, comprehensive, accessible and usable way
- Train, coordinate and supervise students and volunteers
- Maintain accurate records and submit quarterly and annual reports
- University degree or certificate in relevant field (such as public health, social work, adult/continuing education, nursing, community development) an
- Other combination of relevant knowledge and experience will be considered.
- Employment in a non-profit social service organization
- Experience delivering information related to health and healthy lifestyles required
- Experience as a support worker/advocate very beneficial
- Sensitivity to and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-cultural context with diverse populations, including different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, languages, literacy levels, income levels and health needs
- Understanding of holistic health and determinants of health
- Strong knowledge of resources in the community and how to access them
- Awareness of current health trends in the community, especially relating to maternal and child health
- Able to develop and maintain respectful and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to engage with participants in an approachable, nonjudgmental way
- Demonstrated facilitation skills and experience developing education materials and programs for adult learners
- Administrative skills including writing, computer use (Microsoft Office, email), file management, effective communication skills
Wolseley Family Place strives to employ a staff team that is inclusive and reflective of the population that we serve.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Resumes and covering letter send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: July 8, 2018
Board of Directors
Wolseley Family Place (www.wolseleyfamilyplace.com) is recruiting new board members. We are a successful not for profit organization servicing inner city families with small children. Our board is looking for individuals with expertise in law, marketing, and fundraising, but other backgrounds will be considered. No previous board experience is necessary, but a strong sense of social justice and knowledge of issues related to poverty is preferred. Please contact the board at: email@example.com to express interest or learn more.
– attending board meetings every 2 months
– advise Executive Director on management of organization
– engage in discussions and decisions involving organization
– perform various tasks depending on specific skills and committee involvement, such as bylaw revisions, budget oversight, liaising with funding entities, etc.
– expertise in law, marketing, or fundraising are wanted, but other backgrounds will be considered
– board experience is an asset but not necessary
– strong sense of social justice and knowledge of issues related to poverty is preferred
Skills Gained/Related Careers:
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to enhance their leadership capabilities in any field
– gain experience running an organization
– learn to manage a not-for-profit organization
– gain stronger leadership skills
– understand the financial underpinnings of a non profit
– become familiar with the rules and procedures of board meetings
We meet every second month at 530pm on a weekday for board meetings.
There is also an Annual General Meeting that takes place every June.
May be asked to assist in committee tasks as needed, but time commitment will be reasonable